Tuesday 15 October 2013

Going Minimal with Ethnic Accents

I love that feeling I get when I see a space I like. Think it’s like falling in love, or maybe eating a delicious chocolate dessert! It’s a warm, happy feeling in your soul J 

Well that’s what happened when I came across this lovely home on Pinterest.  The image was originally from photographer Kimberly Genevieve's website. The best way to describe its style is, I think, a sort of Minimal-Rustic. The Asian and African accents go wonderfully well with the contemporary setting.

I really like the fact that it maintains its simplicity, and in doing so, is honest to its architecture. But I also like that through accessorizing, this minimally styled home takes on a warm, lived in feel that is so reassuring and comforting. There is a sense of casual, laid back style that makes it my kinda space.


Take a look and tell me what you think… Is this your kinda space? I’d love to hear back from you…















[All images - Kimberly Genevieve]










3 comments:

  1. very nice. Glad i stumbled upon your blog. Looking forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anu... thanks for stopping by. Glad you like the blog. Have visited your blog quite a few times and am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i simply fell in love with the decor......

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...