Saturday 15 February 2014

Bored, Bedridden and Grumpy!

So I was supposed to be enjoying a nice, relaxing and romantic holiday with the hubby in Kesroli. We had planned to use the beautiful Kesroli Fort Hotel as a base to explore a few places close by. I was especially looking forward to visiting an ancient step well in Abhaneri. But as luck would have it I messed up my back getting a little too caught up in re-potting a few plants, and have been stuck in bed since Thursday!

Did I mention how much I was looking forward to this holiday?! We have't been on a holiday in such a long time and I really needed one. The last few months have been quite stressful and this was a nice break before more stressful months that I see coming up. To make things worse I absolutely HATE lying around in bed... I'm not someone who can laze, much to the amusement, and sometimes annoyance of the DH :) If there's nothing to do, I'll find something to do :) So the whole 'being stuck in bed' is so much worse!

And what is up with the weather? I mean its almost the end of February, and Spring seemed to be slowing coming in, and then all of a sudden the fog, and rain and cold come back! I mean come on... seriously! SERIOUSLY!

Anyway I'm better today... able to sit up for short spells so at least I can get some stuff done! So I thought I'd vent a little... And now that I've had my fill of cribbing, I wanted to share a few images I took a few days ago... before this entire sad fiasco! 

It was was a lovely sunny morning and the warm rays of the sun were streaming in through the balcony. It got me inspired to get out my camera and click a few images of our home in Gurgaon... A friend once described our home decor style as New Age Indian, and I love that tag. So here are the images... I'm no photographer mind you, and one or two of them are a bit blurred, but thought I'd share anyway. Enjoy! 







I love these traditional brass urlis that I picked up on our last visit to Kerala





[All Images- Shalini Pereira]





8 comments:

  1. Aawww, this must suck! And these kinds of injuries take time too sadly. nevertheless, I hope you feel better soon. Love the blue curtains by the way...I do love your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harshika... and I'm much better... oh and yes, I like the blue vurtains... a nice change

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better Shalini! Nice clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally empathize with you Shalini.........the weather has been a menace here and I've been feeling a little under the weather too. But thank you for sharing these wonderful clicks and I do hope your back on your feet soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sruthi... and I hope the weather improves in your neck of the foods. Hope you feel better soon... hope its not anything serious... take care of yourself

      Delete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...