Thursday 13 March 2014

A Home Full of Beautiful Antiques!

Hello, it's me again:) I'm back again today with images of a lovely family home in Johannesburg. The couple who own this house, a traditional old Transvaal farmhouse with beautiful high ceilings, are in the antiques business and their love for all things old is reflected in their home which is filled with beautiful antique pieces from Indian, China and Africa that made me green with envy :) So many beautiful pieces, including art, furniture and artifacts that work so well together... everything seems to be in perfect sync.  

After seeing this home I feel like packing my bags and heading off to far away, exotic places to add to my tiny collection of knick knacks :) I'm sure you will want to as well...




















8 comments:

  1. Incredible home Shalini ! Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by Chandan... yes it truly is, just love how they have managed to make everything work so well together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the antiques blend in beautifully with the clean lines of the contemporary setting. The earth tones used in the space sure give the place a warm - lived in feel. All in all a sophisticated space, love everything about it, thank you for sharing Shalini.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've summed it up perfectly Sruthi... I really like the way the antiques contrast with the contemporary setting which still some how seems to retain the old world charm of a farm house... completely agree with you

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOved your Blog!! :) I'm a huge fan of antiques too !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Preksha, thanks for dropping by... I'm so happy that you enjoy the blog. Yes antiques are so wonderful... they tell such a lovely story of the places you have traveled and the history of that place too... Think that's why I love them so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has to be my favouritest post ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This homes gives a traditional feeling, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...